Monday, May 26, 2014

Poetry Interlude - The Purple Door


The Purple Door

I passed a purple door one day while out for a casual walk
Curiosity got the best of me when it began to talk

It said it was a magical door and welcomed me inside
It bribed me with indispensable knowledge if I would abide

Only a brief moment of my time it would need
Just step across my threshold it began to plead

I thought for just a minute and wondered if I should 
What really did I have to loose, this might turn out quite good

I clambered up the steps with haste and through the portal I passed
Immediately I was whisked away through a narrow shaft

As I tumbled through the darkness, I faintly heard the door slam shut
A queasy feeling erupted in the bottom of my gut

I shuddered knowing that I had possibly sealed my fate 
What an awful mistake I made, I should have opted for a golden gate

I think my soul was taken, had I completely lost my head
Eternity was upon me, filling me with dread

A second chance I dared wish, as a silent scream danced on my lips
A horrible thought flashed through my mind as I came to grips

I should have kept on walking, never going through that purple door
I certainly didn’t anticipate this and regretted it even more

Had destiny played some cruel prank I truly could not tell
But the moment I hit the ground I realized I had tripped and it hurt like hell

Copyright 2014-05-21 SM-TFC





No comments:

Post a Comment