Monday, May 18, 2020

Riding the Beaches to Collingwood

Sat May 16, 2020 - The long weekend



My travels today took me along Tiny Beaches Road heading towards Collingwood. I started off at Balm Beach this time. I usually stop more on my rides for photo ops, but today seemed more for riding and clearing my head. (hence my sore butt)

There still wasn’t much open, because of Covid-19, but that didn’t stop people from being out and about. (Me included) Mostly walking or riding bicycles, so it was nice there was little traffic on this route. It was a beauty day, however riding along the water still had a sharp chill in the air. 

I made an unintentional stop at Bluewater Beach on Trew Ave. I thought I was still on Tiny Beaches Road. The boardwalk to the beach was closed, as most municipalities around here chose not to open up the beaches on this long weekend.  A father and son were on bicycles and they stopped. The father was pissed off because the boardwalk was closed and hopped over the yellow tape. Claiming that Ford had opened up the provincial parks and “these small municipalities” were always slow to follow. (Tsk, Tsk on him! It was obvious that he wasn’t from around here.) He beckoned for his son to follow as he wanted to take a photo. The son refused. Kudos kid! At least he had the sense his father did not as to why things were still closed. 

Route: Tiny Beaches Road to Collingwood


Once I got to Collingwood, I wasn’t sure what direction I wanted to go. I never have been there so I kind of let my bike choose the way. I ended up going through Nottawa and Duntroon. I found myself out in the middle of farmland and not really sure where I would end up. All I knew is that I would be completely lost if I headed towards the posted signs to Shelburne or even Stayner. (I like the adventure of not using maps lol) I made a couple of left turns and found my way back to the 124. When I got back to Collingwood my instinct told me to turn onto Poplar Side Road. (My instinct was a little off as Sideroad 33 & 34 Nottawasaga would have brought me back to Mosely St. sooner, as I later found out) 

I didn’t quite go back the same way sticking to River Rd. out of Wasaga Beach. It was getting late and I was getting thirsty for my glass of wine LOL. It was kind of blind luck that I decided turn down 29 as it brought me directly back onto Tiny Beaches Rd and into Balm Beach. I finally was familiar with the roads again!

You can follow my "lost route back" here: Collingwood, Nottawa, Duntroon and back

Until next time keep...


Cruising Through Life & Enjoying The Ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment