Sunday, August 6, 2023

Aug 05 - Bala - Clear Lake Rd & Tally-Ho Swords Rd

I usually don't like to ride anywhere too far on a long weekend,
(too many idiots on the road) but it was such a gorgeous day, I couldn't pass it up. 

Round Trip: 143 mi / 230.13 km


Rosseau Ball Diamond

Aspdin Rd to Rosseau was busy, (I knew it would be) but the traffic was moving so it made it tolerable. Add Aspdin to your must ride list if you are in the area, it is full of twists and curves. When we got to Rosseau it was just bustling there, tons of cars and people criss crossing at the corner. We eventually made a right on hwy 141 and then a left on 632 where we pulled over at the Rosseau Ball Diamond for a break. The 632/Peninsula Rd is another fantastic road, lots of twists and curves along with lots of scenic views. Surprisingly not much traffic considering it being a long weekend and all. Of course I am not complaining, I love when no one is behind (Just the way I like it lol) and most of the way no one was. 

The 632 or should I say Peninsula Rd (the name changes halfway along the road) ends at the 118 West, we made a right on it until it ends at the 169 where we made a left. The 169 will bring you right through Bala. Lots of shops to browse or take pics along Bala Bay and Bala Falls. (Obviously, we did not stop, hence the lack of pictures lol) We turned right onto Muskoka Rd 38. This is yet again another road to add to your growing list of roads to ride on with your motorcycle. 

We stopped at the Wahta Station and lucky me the BF bought me a Kawartha ice cream cone. Yum, I had chocolate and he had vanilla. The were running out of flavours and I was lucky to get the last of the chocolate. The place was packed, think everyone was having Mrs H's fish & chips. I hear they are good, but I am not a fish person. lol

You can always find a spot to park on a motorcycle
(Looks like we are the only ones in the parking lot lol)
This was off to the side, no room for any cars here

After the delicious cone we continued along Muskoka 38 until hwy 400 where we headed north. Unfortunately, there is no choice but to go onto hwy 400 to get to the roads I wanted to ride from here. It wasn't as busy as I thought, there were just a few clusters of speed demons, and once they passed us we had the hwy to ourselves again. At least it wasn't too far before our exit onto Lake Joseph Rd. 

 
Lake Joseph Rd, Clear Lake Rd and Tally-Ho Swords Rd are all excellent motorcycle roads, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Bonus, no traffic :)

Tally-Ho Swords Rd ends at the 518 where we made a right. The 518 from this point to almost Sprucedale can really be a bumpy ride, so keep this in mind because all the sharp twists and sharper curves have the roughest patches that will have you bouncing around like a tennis ball. I knew how bad this road was from the last time we were on it, but it is the road that fit into my my plan, so as they say "suck it up buttercup" and I did LOL

We stopped one more time along the Seguin River before we headed home.

Until next time... Keep




Cruising Through Life & Enjoying The Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment