Sunday, March 24, 2019

Bikefest Rockstar Harley & New Hangouts

(Sat March 24-19)
We hooked up with friends this weekend to check out Bikefest at Rockstar Harley Davidson in Fort Myers. I suppose this is a scaled down version of Bike Week in Daytona. Which suites me just fine, I have an aversion to large crowds. 

There were only a few booths to browse, and some food trucks to pig out at. I am guessing today was all about the main event, the bikini contest, which I purposely averted. So instead of taking pictures of that you will have to enjoy these instead….

Checking out the vendors


Cute little Piggys!


Nice artwork on this Indian


After we walked around a bit at Bikefest the plan was to head on over to the Ink Expo. Elaine was hoping to get a new tattoo and I thought it would be a great place to snap a few pics of interesting tats people were sporting. When we got there, we were all shocked that there was a $20 (per person) cover charge to just get in the door! (You would have thought when it was posted on FB that they would have mentioned that) Suffice to say we opted not to go in.  Well that was disappointing, but all was not lost. After the Ink Expo didn’t pan out, Elaine & James showed us a couple of new hangouts.

New Hangouts

We are all about finding places with a patio, after all we are in Florida and I can’t imagine being cooped up inside when you can be out enjoying the sunshine and awesome warm temperatures. Our friends feel the same way and showed us a couple of their favorite places they like to hang out at.

First stop was Rusty’s Raw Bar & Grill. This place is off of Danport & Daniels Parkway on Marketplace Rd. I have it on good authority that the food is good here, although we just came to wet our whistle this time.


We opted to sit at the outdoor bar, it was a little cooler under the roof.


Elaine with her “lunch in a glass” A Bloody Mary with Bacon! 

A little closer to home our next stop was at the Boulevard Deli & Tavern. This place is hidden behind an office park off of Daniels Parkway & Gateway Blvd. on Towne lake Dr. 

I really liked the atmosphere of the patio. We also planned to eat here before heading home. Whenever I am at a new place to eat, I always stick to something that is fairly safe for my “picky eater” tastes. Wings are usually a safe bet. The Boulevard didn’t disappoint, the wings were super crispy and tasty. I of course had my wings naked while the BF got his smothered in garlic. (Glad I ride my own bike) The Boulevard gets my two thumbs up. And the price was right too, $10 for 10 wings! 


Thanks to Elaine & James, we now have two new places to hang out at. 
It was a great day to ride and discover a couple of hidden gems to wet our whistle at. 


Until next time keep 
Cruising Through Life & Enjoying the Ride...




No comments:

Post a Comment