Monday, March 4, 2019

Pine Island -Low Key Tiki & Ragged Ass Saloon

(Sat March 2)



Over the weekend we hooked up with our new biker buddies. We took a ride out to Pine Island to check out the Rubber Duck Races that were being held at the Low Key Tiki  and then on over to the Ragged Ass Saloon 

I am happy to report that I didn’t lose anything off my bike on this trip.


We didn’t realize that the actual duck races  at the Low Key Tiki were not kicking off until 4 pm and we really hadn’t planned on staying there all day. 

So, we grabbed a quick liquid refreshment and listened to some folksy tunes from the band that was playing.








This was the only Rubber Duck we got to see.

We then headed over to the Ragged Ass Saloon for some lunch and stayed to listen to the band that was starting at 2 pm. It wasn’t as busy as we thought it might be at the Ragged Ass, but I was glad because we were able get a table in the shade of the Tiki patio. Besides, me and crowds don't mix well. 

I am not really a "foodie" but I did enjoy the wings that I had and the french fries were especially good with a crispy coating.  I give this “biker friendly bar” with reasonably priced eats and drinks my thumbs up! 


I personally don’t know the guy who flashed me the peace sign as I took this pic, but Elaine mentioned she sees this couple all over the place on their bike. Back at ya buddy!


This band was more my classic rock style. Good Tunes!

(Hey Elaine, who is the guy hogging the front of the stage in our pictures LOL)



Before heading home, we decided to stop at The Boathouse Tiki Bar in Fort Myers. 

Gotta luv that reserved space for motorcycle parking.











The BF and I had sat at the Tiki bar the last time we were here, but I had no idea that you could also sit by the water on a “beach”.  

Our timing was perfect when we brought our drinks down, we had our choice of comfy Adirondack chairs (or Muskoka chairs as we call them) 

We relaxed for a spell around the fire pit and enjoyed the view of the Caloosahatchee River. We still haven't had a meal here yet, but hopefully we get a chance before we head back home to Canada.

No need for a fire today!

The day had turned into quite a scorcher, seems to be a theme this year with the hot humid temps so early in the season. The minute you get off the bike it is instant heat exhaustion, at least for me it was. Kind of like stepping out of a fridge and into a furnace. I am not really complaining, just a little grumbling. There is no way that I would trade places with anyone dealing with the snow and sub-zero temps. Even with the extreme heat it was another amazing day out on the bikes. Great riding, interesting places and spending time with awesome friends.

Need I say that at the end of a long hot ride there is nothing better than a dip in the pool with a glass of wine on the side.









Route to Pine Island: Low Key Tiki & Ragged Ass Saloon / The Boathouse Tiki Bar




Until next time keep





Cruising Through Life & Enjoying The Ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment