Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Riding Tiny Beaches





Seems like if we get one nice day, it will surely be followed by four or five crappy ones, so I took advantage of the sunny day on Monday. Temps were mild with just a bit of chill to remind me that we are still a little way off from summer. 








I didn’t mean to take a tour through Thunder Beach on my way to see Cedar Point, although it was a pleasant little side trip meandering through a section of summer cottages and rentals, mixed with immense mansions that overpowered the small quaint community.

I wanted to see the fairy on Cedar Point Rd. that goes over to Christian Island, however, due to covid-19 I was not allowed down the road or anywhere near it. A large lighted sign stated “Residents Only”.  Oh well, I stopped by the Cedar Point Store for a photo op. I am pretty sure that store has seen better days and has been closed for quite some time. 




I continued along Tiny Beaches Rd. Of course, leave it to me to find a little stretch of gravel. At least it wasn’t too bad and only lasted a couple of kilometers.




I wound my way along Tiny Beaches Rd. until it dumped me out at Balm Beach. I pulled along the shore for a photo op and headed home. 


Another time I plan to continue to explore Tiny Beaches Rd. which will lead me to Wasaga Beach.

I admit I had a few turn arounds (ones that I omitted on the route map) and went down a few roads that had me looping back along Champlain Rd to try a second time at getting to Cedar Point. But there is never a wrong road when you are enjoying a ride on a motorcycle. Note to self, Champlain Rd is very twisty, a good one to explore next time.

Motorcycle Route: Cedar Point to Balm Beach along Tiny Beaches Rd. 

Until next time keep,


Cruising Through Life & Enjoying The Ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment