Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Champlain Rd. through Awenda Park Ride

Sunday May 3, 2020

Lately the weather has been hit and miss. We get one nice sunny day in the low double digits followed by four rainy dreary ones or it snows. When the sun decided to show its glowing rays on Sunday, I didn’t hesitate and took advantage of it, even though there is still an arctic chill in the air. 

My tour took me along Champlain Road with its the scenic views of Georgian Bay. (At least you could see the view when there was a break in the buildings.) There are some nice twisties on this road and I was happy that traffic was pretty much non-existent. I travelled along until I got to Awenda Park Drive. Just be careful as you get to the park as there are some sketchy parts along this road with part gravelly surfaces.  


With no leaves on the trees yet this ride was reminiscent of a late fall ride, at least the chilly air currents were minimal as the trees (albeit naked ones) offered a wind break.  I was thinking I will have to come through here when the landscape looks more alive.

I was just leisurely motoring along and this route just took me 37 min. to ride. When I left the park, I was still wanting more so I took off toward Cedar Point Rd./Tiny Beaches Rd. I stopped on Concession 12 to take in the view and to warm up in the sunshine.



I continued to follow Tiny Beaches Rd until it dumped me out at Balm Beach. That place was buzzing with activity, so I opted not to stop. (besides, I had gotten a photo op there on my last ride)  I continued on into Midland and explored Midland Point Rd. a ways and cut across Curry Road that merged into Tinney Dr. where I found St. Andrews Lake. 
You can see St. Andrews Lake in the back ground behind the swampy overflow.
It is such a shame that a housing development will ruin this little piece of paradise for the animals.



I rode the loop around Gilwood Park Dr. that ended back onto Sand Bay Rd. then onto the main road to Fuller. The chilly air was getting to me and I finally decided it was time to head home. 


It wasn’t the longest ride, but it was so worth it to get on my two wheels and feel the wind upon my face. It is so true that I am my most happiest when I ride and any stress of late just drifts off in the wind. 

Route Champlain Rd. – Awenda Park


Until next time, keep
 Cruising Through Life & Enjoy The Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment