Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 04 - 520 to Bunny Trail Loop

 

Round Trip: 116 miles / 186.68 km 
Map: 520 to Bunny Trail loop 

This morning has started off really chilly, only 4C but is supposed to get to 27C today. It will make for a nice ride as long as the humidity stays away. I will be of course layering. I have done this route on my Rebel, it was a fun ride and if I remember correctly only a portion of Midlothian Rd is hard packed gravel. 

We started out after 10am, it is a cooler ride today, don't think I will be getting rid of any of my layers just yet.

We started off on the 520 towards Maganetawan with a stop at the Lions park.



This was a ride where the traffic was light to non-existent. I think I had a car behind me for only a brief time once or twice the entire time. The 520 is a fun sweeping curvy road and then you connect onto the 124 for little stretch where you turn off on 520 again heading towards a place called Maple Island. I have never been on Maple Island, maybe I will check it out next time I am out this way.

Just a tip, watch for the Bunny Trail road sign, (past Whitestone a little ways - don't ask me how far a little ways is lol) if you stay on the 520 it will eventually lead to a dead end, but looking on a map, it goes out quite a long way! 

Bunny Trail is paved but since I was on it with my Rebel several years ago the road has deteriorated quite a bit. A lot of rough spots, although my Rebel can handle roughness better than my Sportster, so maybe I didn't notice it then. If you ride an adventure bike you probably won't notice it either. lol

The Bunny Trail ends at the 124. We turned left and headed towards McKellar where we stopped at McKellar park.


Next we went into Ahmic Harbour via Ahmic St. Be sure to turn right at the stop sign Ahmic Lake Rd. or else you will just loop back to hwy 124. Ahmic Lake Rd. is a very scenic route with the pavement in fair condition.

It ends at Nipissing Rd where we turned right to visit the Cornball Store. I had a Kawartha dairy ice cream cone. For one scoop it sure was huge! I tried the Moose Tracks, it was good although those chunks of peanut butter cups made it very sweet, I liked it though. I am still full lol


We turned onto Midlothian Rd which starts off as hard packed gravel. Fairly easy ride and will turn into pavement just before you get to the Screaming Heads attraction. One day I will have to check that out. I have lived in this area for fourteen years and never was there. Go figure.

Until next time... Keep on
 Cruising Through Life & Enjoying The Ride



No comments:

Post a Comment