Saturday, July 8, 2023

July 8 - Hwy 35 Dorset & 117

 

Round Trip: 96 mi / 142.10 km
Map: Hwy 35 Dorset & 117

The smoke filled air has finally lifted, the humidity has eased and today (Saturday July 8, 2023) looks about to be the best day to ride in awhile. The temp is about 18C heading towards a pleasant 25C with clouds and some sunny breaks mixed in. 


We headed out our usual route along 592 with a short ride on hwy 11 turning off in Melissa. We took Muskoka Rd [3] into Huntsville. CAUTION: stay away from that road! It is under construction and the road went from scraped pavement to fresh gravel. A few times I thought for sure I was going down. But I made it. Thankfully about half way it went back to pavement again. 

We then connected onto hwy 60 heading towards Dwight. Just after the lights at Canal the road merges into a one lane. The BF is in front and I am about a cars length behind, we are in the left lane already. A stupid A$$hole comes up along side just before the right lane ends and starts trying to squeeze in between the BF and me!! Lucky I had been paying attention and I had been watching the idiot in my mirror and noticed he wasn't moving over behind me and had a feeling what he was about to do. I ended up having to swerve over and then had to gun it. Believe me, I had several choice words. Always drive defensively and figure everyone one is out to kill you, because they are! 


We then turned off on hwy 35 towards Dorset and stopped at Dorset Beach Park. 
Very pretty and quite there, despite there were quite a few cars parked around. 

We continued along 35 and turned onto 117. There were signs about a triathlon and delays, lucky we must have missed it and it  was free sailing until turning off on Brunell Rd heading back to Huntsville.

We obviously did not want to take the same route on Muskoka Rd 3 on the way back, so we made a nice detour along Ravenscliff [2] to Fowelers Rd and back to Old North Rd until we had to do the short stint on highway 11 and home.

It was more of a ride, ride, ride day today - of course I am not complaining, it is nice to do those too.

Until next time, Keep

 Cruising Through Life & Enjoying The Ride


No comments:

Post a Comment